I love ghost stories as much as I love horror movies. I think they go hand in hand. I love the stories behind the myths, even if I don’t believe them. I’m not going to stay at Camp Crystal Lake and be worried that Jason Voorhees is going to get me. Hehe. Just like how I don’t think that ghosts are going to get me or do things to me. If I see them, that’s cool, but why be scared? But I actually want these things to happen to me, I want the paranormal to prove itself to me so much that I want to see shit flying across the room at my head. There’s so many things that I can explain away but it doesn’t stop me from wanting to experience them. Make me believe! Until then, just entertain me with stories. So what do I think about ghosts? I don’t believe in the afterlife; heaven or hell. So, I don’t know what to think about ghosts. I’ve clearly seen things and felt things that I cannot explain but I don’t necessarily think it’s ghosts as people think ghosts are. My imagination is creative and I feel like in the right setting that it can do some awesome things. I like the creepiness around it and what it does to people and that’s why I like doing all these ghostly things and hearing about people’s stories and going to the creepy places because I don’t necessarily believe it is what they say it is but I like hearing the stories. I like hearing everyone’s ghost stories because everyone has got one!

Tuesday, July 11, 2017

The Sedlec Ossuary - Kutná Hora, Czech Republic


This is my favorite because it’s kind of the thing that started it all - or a lot of it. I found out about this church a long time ago but its decorated in human bones and I always wanted to go there. And when I went on my Europe trip with my mom and all we did was ghost tours and creepy things we went there and it started our whole trip; to go to this bone church in the Czech Republic. When we got there, there was a huge flood and it was washed out and you couldn’t get to it. I was losing my shit. Every day we would check the tour place and they always said no not yet. We were there for almost 4-5 days and, yup still not going. Then the last possible day we could go, we had the tour booked and they were going. When we got there that day they said, “no we cannot go, even though we could get there the trains weren’t running normally so we cannot guarantee your time back therefore were not going to do it”. I asked if they could get there and they said yes. So, then we found a group of 3 other people that also wanted to go to the church that day so the tour guides still told us how to get there and how to buy group tickets on the train so it’s cheaper. They didn’t tell us this information while we were there but they were helpful with getting us there and then we made our own little group, and I finally got to go to the bone church. Same as the catacombs, the bones are right there and there is this beautiful chandelier made with human bones and its very beautiful and they’re all like white, not white, but skulls are normally in the catacombs as brown and dark but these ones looked bleached or something. They were beautiful as opposed to dark and creepy like the other places. It’s the only bones I’ve seen that have looked that way and not the brown kind. Its small though. Most people are disappointed because it’s not as big as they thought but I knew that going in and it’s not disappointing at all, it’s beautiful. The Bone Church the reason the bones are there, which is different from other places is because a Back in the day the abbot of the Cistercian Monastery in Sedlec was sent to the Holy Land. He returned with a small amount of earth and sprinkled it over the cemetery. The act was heard all around and made it a desirable burial place. The graveyard around the church filled up quickly so they started decorating people inside, so maybe that’s why the bones look like they were never buried. They went there right away.
The Sedlec Ossuary is a small Roman Catholic Church that has between 40,000 and 70,000 human skeletons there, whose bones have been mostly used to artistically decorate the chapel. The chandelier of bones has at least one of every bone in the human body.
















No comments:

Post a Comment